Re: [yast-devel] YaST Dialog Button Order in KDE
  • From: Ladislav Slezak <lslezak@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2011 13:14:07 +0200
Dne 31.8.2011 12:39, Jiri Srain napsal(a):
[...]
When a button has a specific meaning (and it does not really matter whether
the label is Next, OK or Finish), it should not move (I mean, when you click
Next, in the next dialog there should not be Back button at the same
location). From this perspective, we have only two options:

[Back][Next]
[Back][Finish]

or

[Finish][Back]
[Next][Back]

Even though being a KDE user, I feel better about the first one (just a
personal opinion).

IMO only the first possibility is correct for _multiple_ step dialogs (wizard)
regardless the current desktop environment.

The reason is that it imitates turning pages in a book - if you advance in a
book
you turn the right page and if you want to go back you turn the left page.

This is the reason why it is logical even in KDE.

(The only reason for switching are RTL languages like Arabic. And IIRC this is
already handled in our wizard correctly.)

--

Best Regards

Ladislav Slez√°k
Yast Developer