Re: [yast-devel] YaST Dialog Button Order in KDE
  • From: Lukas Ocilka <lukas.ocilka@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 11:54:10 +0200

Dne 31.8.2011 11:40, Thomas Goettlicher napsal(a):
A wizard has multiple steps and buttons like [back], [next] or [finish]. From
my point of view having only one step and renaming the buttons is a misuse of
the wizard widget because that's not a wizard anymore.

True, but I'm afraid even the

[Back] [Next]
[Back] [Finish]

style is incorrect in KDE but
http://old-en.opensuse.org/YaST/Development/Misc/Button_Order doesn't
describe the order of button for that case so I cannot tell for sure.

The wizard uses neither gnome button order nor kde button order. It uses
wizard button order, which is [back], [next]. If one renames the buttons it's
coincidentally similar to the gnome button order.

But even the wizard should use GNOME-wizard or KDE-wizard button order,
or am I wrong?

That's the reason why I think the wizard widget shouldn't be used normal
dialogs but for wizards only. To solve this issue we could create a dialog
template that offers similar functionally and respects the button order by
using the button box widget.

I've found out that we actually don't use BottonBox in defining order of
buttons in Wizard.ycp, we actually use HBox only. See these functions in
Wizard.ycp:

BackNextButtonBox
CancelAcceptButtonBox
CancelOKButtonBox
AbortAcceptButtonBox

Maybe there is a quite simple solution just by using the ButtonBox
widget and letting its UI implementation to decide. My question is:
Isn't that quite a big change for our users? Do they want it? Well, I
can ask them but I wanted to know YaST Developers' point of view...

Thanks
Lukas