Re: [yast-devel] License of yast++
On Thursday 25 of August 2011 14:29:52 Thomas Goettlicher wrote:
On Thursday, August 25, 2011 01:52:27 pm Josef Reidinger wrote:
Hi,
second question related to yast++. What license we should use? As I plan
to create initial package, I need specify license ( and packaging tasks
include explicit license checker ). What suggestion do you have? MIT,
BSD or some kind of GPL?
Josef

I talked to our licenses expert and want to summarize the outcome of the
discussion: There are a lot of different possibilities and GPL v3 fits well
for yast++. Libraries could be LGPL v3 if they are used by others.
Otherwise GPL v3 is also appropriate.

Do we want others to use our framework libraries and do not open the code?

Stano