Re: [yast-devel] New yast agent name
Dne Čt 18. srpna 2011 14:58:15 Thomas Goettlicher napsal(a):
On Thursday, August 18, 2011 02:25:15 pm Josef Reidinger wrote:
Hi,
now in git we have for yast++/-- name for our agent systemagent ( and
also not unify singular and plural). It is also coded in generator.
Before we start work on more agents and libs (like for polkit
configuration ) it would be nice to decide if this is right name.

Ideas for other names:
yast_agent
configkit (there is still not enough kits :)
yast_kit
config_agent
system_kit

more ideas? Also singular or plural to unify it?

I plan to change it after my vacation to *final* state and (because I
don't care about name ) don't want any future discussion :) Josef

I'd go for yast_agent. You even chose it for the email subject. ;-)

I think the name should reflect the fact that it actually touches the system,
like current systemagent or config_agent.
Additionally, as this should be new low level library, independent from rest
of YaST, I think we shoul leave out the "yast" port of the name from this one.
(On the other hand, it may have sense in that high level part - current
example of kerberos-client-api)

Jiri
--
Jiri Suchomel

Lihovarská 1060/12 tel: +420 284 028 960