[yast-devel] SourceForge page for libYUI
  • From: N B Prashanth <nbprash.mit@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 21:01:43 +0530
Hi,

As almost all of you know, separating libYUI is a part of GSoC
2011 for openSUSE. I am happy to inform that the majority of the
porting effort is done. libYUI and it's plugins have been ported to
various distros as of now including Ubuntu, Fedora and Debian. Also,
recently, Michal Hrušecký has ported it to Gentoo. You can find the
details on his blog post : michal.hrusecky.net/2011/08/libyui-in-gentoo/.

I believe that it is time now, for libYUI to have it's own identity.
Hence I have set up a project page for libYUI at sourceforge
(sourceforge.net/projects/libyui/ ) . It includes a bug tracker and a
mailing list (libyui-devel) as of now. And as of today, it also
includes a basic webpage indication essential information about libYUI
(http://libyui.sourceforge.net/). I believe that this would enable
libYUI to get more attention from a larger audience, in terms of use
as well as development, which is essential for libYUI at this stage.

Hence, I request interested developers to send in their sourceforge
ID's so that the appropriate permissions can be set.

Please do let me know of any better alternatives or suggestions.

--
Regards,
N.B.Prashanth