Re: [yast-devel] Partitioning Scheme
On Sat, Aug 13, 2011 at 10:24:58PM -0400, Steven Sroka wrote:
I don't if this is the right list to send this to but, during
installation of openSUSE 12.1, Yast offers a default/recommended
partitioning scheme. The given /boot partition is set to be formatted
as ext4. Journaling is not needed though - shouldn't the partition be
formatted to ext2 instead for efficiency? I guess my line of thought
is based off of KISS.

Arvin, who should have a better informed opinion, is on vacation
thes week.

Anyway, journaling is not needed at all, as long as your system
never crashes. And as long as you don't need to reboot, you don't
need to care about /boot consistency.

Thus ext4, IMHO.
--
Martin Vidner, YaST developer