Re: [yast-devel] YCP debugger: prototype
On Pi 5. August 2011 16:58:28 Martin Vidner wrote:
On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 02:39:21PM +0200, Stanislav Višňovský wrote:
Hi!

Here is updated patch with implemented some of the suggestions so far.

Changes:
- move almost all debugging flags to Debugger class instance, thus not
influence memory requirements for non-debugger case

- implemented remote debugging:
/usr/lib/YaST2/bin/y2base --debugger-remote <YCP-client> <frontend>

and client via

/usr/lib/YaST2/bin/ycp-debugger <hostname>

- use Y2DEBUGGER environment variable as also means to start local/remote
debugger (set it to value "1" or "2")
- provide better context information during tracing
- do not allow to debug non-YCP code
- refuse starting local debugging if socket already exists

ah, but then it should clean it up on normal exit?

- fixed tracing if stepping from a breakpoint
- some refactoring

Committed!
http://svn.opensuse.org/viewvc/yast?view=revision&revision=65256
With a small improvement to make CWM backtraces readable at all:
http://svn.opensuse.org/viewvc/yast?view=revision&revision=65257

yast2-core-2.21.5 submitted for next week's M4 of 12.1:

Thank you!

Feedback still welcome!

Hmm, is it OK for CallFrame to keep an unmanaged pointer to params?

I don't see right now how the pointer could become invalid while still on the
CallFrame stack.

TODO: Move the socket to /var/run

Good point.

TODO: Can we enable it by default for the installation?

All you need to do is pass Y2DEBUGGER=2 to the kernel commandline. At least,
this should work.

TODO: For the SLES11 SP2 installation?

See above, I believe this should work out of the box.

Stano