[yast-devel] [IMPORTANT] Unsubmitted packages / No version change for SP2
  • From: Lukas Ocilka <lukas.ocilka@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2011 13:18:23 +0200
Hi,

I've just done a small research in SLE 11 SP1 and SLE 11 SP2 SVN
branches trying to find changes committed to SVN (both SP1 and SP2) but
not submitted to build to SP2.

Some of the changes might have been already submitted to SP2 but there
is no version change comparing to SP1. Usually, we should make sure a
version is increased if there is such a difference. Plus the usual way
of submitting YaST package is to increase the version number whenever we
submit it - never rely on the build number.

Versioning rules:
SP1-GA: 2.17.(X)
SP1-GA-Update: 2.17.(X).(Y)
SP2-GA: 2.17.(X+N)
SP2-GA-Update: 2.17.(X+N).(Z)

If there is a change in SP1 in SVN but you are not allowed to submit the
package to SP1 yet, please, create a new SP2 branch and the version
there and submit it to SP2 now.

Example how to create SP2 branch (for 'restore'):
svn cp
http://svn.opensuse.org/svn/yast/branches/SuSE-Code-11-SP1-Branch/restore/
http://svn.opensuse.org/svn/yast/branches/SuSE-Code-11-SP2-Branch/restore/

I haven't checked the current state of packages in build versus how they
are stored in SVN. If you are a maintainer or you did the last change,
please do it yourself. Also please follow the rules next time. I've
added all maintainers or those who have done the last change to "To:".

Thanks in advance
Lukas

--

Lukas Ocilka, Appliances Department, SUSE LINUX s.r.o.
MD: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Alena Hendrichova

autoinstallation
No version bump since Wed Jul 27 12:36:35 CEST 2011 - ug@xxxxxxx
One change: don't clone /dev/tmpfs drive (bnc#707726)
Last change done by: ug@xxxxxxx
Maintainer: ug@xxxxxxx

mail
No version bump since Sun Nov 16 12:58:44 CET 2008 - varkoly@xxxxxxx
Many changes ...
Last change done by: varkoly@xxxxxxxxxx
Maintainer: varkoly@xxxxxxxxxx

ntp-client
No version bump since Fri Feb 20 12:39:15 CET 2009 - mvidner@xxxxxxx
Two changes ...
Last change done by: varkoly@xxxxxxx
Maintainer: varkoly@xxxxxxxxxx

storage
No version bump since Thu Jul 28 12:25:40 CEST 2011 - fehr@xxxxxxx
One change: call waitForDevice in checkDevice to work around possible
temporary device node removal by udev (bnc#709464)
Last change done by: fehr@xxxxxxx
Maintainer: aschnell@xxxxxxx

SuSE-Code-11-SP1-Branch
-----------------------

autofs
No version bump since Fri Apr 18 15:10:35 CEST 2008 - jsrain@xxxxxxx
Four changes ...
Last change done by: varkoly@xxxxxxxxxx
Maintainer: varkoly@xxxxxxxxxx

http-server
No version bump since Wed Mar 25 14:06:28 CET 2009 - mzugec@xxxxxxx
One change: fixed server flags handling (bnc#656589)
Last change done by: jsrain@xxxxxxx
Maintainer: yast2-maintainers@xxxxxxx

ipsec
No version bump since Mon Dec 19 11:31:39 CET 2005 - jsuchome@xxxxxxx
Two changes ...
Dropped?
Last change done by: jsrain@xxxxxxx
Maintainer: lnussel@xxxxxxx

iscsi-server
No version bump since Mon May 16 11:29:53 CEST 2011 - fehr@xxxxxxx
One change: fix typos in translatable texts (bnc#703125)
Last change done by: fehr@xxxxxxx
Maintainer: fehr@xxxxxxx

mouse
No version bump since Mon Mar 17 12:43:32 CET 2008 - jsrain@xxxxxxx
One change: added categories Settings and System into desktop file (bnc
#382778)
Last change done by: jsrain@xxxxxxx
Maintainer: ms@xxxxxxx

multipath
No version bump since Fri Sep 12 14:03:42 CEST 2008 - locilka@xxxxxxx
One change: Added ag_multipath (written in Python) and multipath.scr
Last change done by: locilka@xxxxxxx
Maintainer: coyli@xxxxxxxxxx

ntp-client
No version bump since Fri Feb 20 12:39:15 CET 2009 - mvidner@xxxxxxx
Two changes ...
Last change done by: varkoly@xxxxxxx
Maintainer: varkoly@xxxxxxxxxx

system-profile
No version bump since Tue Sep 30 15:01:29 CEST 2008 - jdsn@xxxxxxx
One change: fixing typo (bnc#441221)
Last change done by: jdsn@xxxxxxx
Maintainer: jdsn@xxxxxxx

vm
No version bump sice Fri Sep 1 12:43:23 MDT 2006 - mgfritch@xxxxxxxxxx
(in changes file)
Current version is 2.16.11 (should actually be 2.17.X) but version has
been
changed with the last commit
Last change done by: carnold@xxxxxxxxxx
Maintainer: lslezak@xxxxxxx