Re: [yast-devel] Switching from SVN to GIT: yast-svn2git
On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 08:33:42PM +0200, Klaus Kaempf wrote:

Another thing, the original revision numbers are lost. I frequently
refer to them in commit messages and Bugzilla, so I think they need
to be preserved somehow.

They are, as part of the git commit message.

No, the git commit message has the revision numbers of the
*filtered* repository.
It seems the svndump format allows sparse revision sequences, so
simply preserving the revision number during the filtering would
work.

--
Martin Vidner, YaST developer
http://en.opensuse.org/User:Mvidner