Re: [yast-devel] hostname -f ?
On Sat, Jul 23, 2011 at 10:27:11AM +0200, Günther J. Niederwimmer wrote:
Hello,

I have a question why YaST2 Modules configure a System wrong ;)

When y config/install a new system I set the HOSTNAME correct (

TEST.EXAMPLE.COM) ;),

then I setup the first NIC to the internal network like

192.168.xxx.xxx /24 test.example.prv test

for updates and internet?

When I setup now CA, LDAP, or Mailserver or....

All modules work with the wrong DOMAIN?

hostname -f fetch the first entry from the /etc/hosts, this is in this
situation wrong and all YaST2 modules are wrong configured?

Actually hostname -f resolves the host's IP address. If /etc/hosts
contains it, then that is used, otherwise it queries DNS.

You can disable the 127.0.0.2 record in /etc/hosts with the setting
/etc/sysconfig/network/dhcp WRITE_HOSTNAME_TO_HOSTS=no
--
Martin Vidner, YaST developer
http://en.opensuse.org/User:Mvidner