Re: [yast-devel] GsoC Weekly Report - "Separating libYUI"
On Tuesday, July 05, 2011 09:10:20 AM Duncan Mac-Vicar P. wrote:
On 06/29/2011 02:35 PM, Josef Reidinger wrote:
2. The git repository at gitorious.org/libyui/libyui has been removed.
This will be replaced with the official YUI svn repo once the
conversion is complete. The old repo can be found at
gitorious.org/libyui/gsoc2011 and will contain files related to my
project.

I don't understand why you moved from git to svn instead of moving it
from opensuse git to another hit service.

This is a misunderstanding.
The git repo that NB initially created only held RPM files. He now moved to
build in OBS and does not need the repo any more to host binary blobs (indeed
not an ideal use case for git anyway).

He is now planning to put the entire libyui history in this new git repo.
That's what he meant with:
"... it (the content of the git repo) will be replaced with the official YUI
svn repo (content including _all_ its history) once the conversion (from svn
to git that mvidner and me started to investigate for) is complete."

So lean back and relax. The conversion of the SVN repo to git is a project for
the upcoming workshop. I bet, mvidner and me will look into it.
The interesting part here will be what and how we separate - the libyui should
be separated from the YaST repo to make it distro independent, thus it is not
trivial to just do a quick import.

Ciao,
Daniel

--