Re: [yast-devel] Review code, please
  • From: Lukas Ocilka <lukas.ocilka@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 17:00:32 +0200

Dne 28.6.2011 13:49, Josef Reidinger napsal(a):
Or is everyone already reading everything and finding nothing to
comment on?

BTW one nice blog article about code review
http://thejoyofcode.com/Code_Reviews_are_not_optional.aspx

just my notes to stages of code review
1) useless for me, code must say itself what it do
2) really useful, you must see on your own what code do -> code is readable
3) yes, feedback is a must have
4) Revisiting code by code reviewer is for me useless. We should not accept
code which is not good enough, so developer must fix bugs before code is
merged to master.

== Code Reviews: Just Do It ==

http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/2006/01/code-reviews-just-do-it.html

~ cut ~
Peer review -- an activity in which people other than the author of a
software deliverable examine it for defects and improvement
opportunities -- is one of the most powerful software quality tools
available. Peer review methods include inspections, walkthroughs, peer
deskchecks, and other similar activities. After experiencing the
benefits of peer reviews for nearly fifteen years, I would never work in
a team that did not perform them.
~ cut ~

L.

- --

Lukas Ocilka, Appliances Department, SUSE LINUX s.r.o.
MD: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Alena Hendrichova