Re: [yast-devel] Review code, please
Martin Vidner write:
Hi,

so far only a few people have been commenting on others' commits,
and I'd like to ask the others to join the party. We need you!

- One obvious reason is sharing the workload (but so far the volume
is manageable).
- Reading other people's code makes you a better programmer.
- Commenting on other people's code improves the code, it prevents
ugly code or outright bugs from getting in.
- You think it is not your problem? So did I think before inheriting
a certain ****ing piece of juicy ****.
- Reading *good* code makes me feel better about our work, the
project, the product.

Or is everyone already reading everything and finding nothing to
comment on?

BTW one nice blog article about code review
http://thejoyofcode.com/Code_Reviews_are_not_optional.aspx

just my notes to stages of code review
1) useless for me, code must say itself what it do
2) really useful, you must see on your own what code do -> code is readable
3) yes, feedback is a must have
4) Revisiting code by code reviewer is for me useless. We should not accept
code which is not good enough, so developer must fix bugs before code is merged
to master.

Pepa
--
Josef Reidinger