Re: [yast-devel] Review code, please
Martin Vidner write:
Hi,

so far only a few people have been commenting on others' commits,
and I'd like to ask the others to join the party. We need you!

- One obvious reason is sharing the workload (but so far the volume
is manageable).
- Reading other people's code makes you a better programmer.
- Commenting on other people's code improves the code, it prevents
ugly code or outright bugs from getting in.
- You think it is not your problem? So did I think before inheriting
a certain ****ing piece of juicy ****.
- Reading *good* code makes me feel better about our work, the
project, the product.

Or is everyone already reading everything and finding nothing to
comment on?

Lets see my project proposal for workshop for finding way how to make review
patch set explicit, so not review patch set is not in code. Studio guys do it
same way, in SLMS there is no explicit rule, but I review everything. Webyast I
think not have anything after my move to SLMS. So we should try to find
possible ways on workshop and agree on one way ( and we really need it. My
proposal is that each patch set should review maintainer (if he is not author),
backup maintainer ( to know what happen in module which he can potentially
maintain) and master (master in sense of git trunk) keeper, which review
general coding rules, documentation, tests and general code quality). You can
discuss it with studio guys who already do it and it is quite easy to make a
habit from it.
Pepa

--
Josef Reidinger