Re: [yast-devel] Testing Classical YaST in Hudson
  • From: "Duncan Mac-Vicar P." <dmacvicar@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 10:38:23 +0200
On 06/24/2011 03:08 PM, Lukas Ocilka wrote:
We use Hudson for most of our projects now but we still don't run any
tests for the Classical YaST:

* What do you think of running the YaST tests in Hudson?
* How could we do that?
* Are there any additional tests we could run, for instance YCP
syntax check for clients (?).
* What about checking whether all functions are actually in use?

I tried this years ago, stuff I faced:

- one hudson job? too big. (using HuHas build script that could figure out what to build in what order)
- multiple hudson jobs, good luck figuring out the dependencies)

Now it may be easier, as now the build nodes are separated of the Jenkins master, you can setup a machine, install all dependencies as rpms, and then build every module as a separate job against the rpms, and then make an rpm and install it on the build node (so if another module requires a new API, it will be there).

--
Duncan Mac-Vicar P. - Novell® Making IT Work As One™

Maxfeldstraße 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany