Re: [yast-devel] Classical YaST in Appliances: Choosing the UI
  • From: Lukas Ocilka <lukas.ocilka@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 16:53:18 +0200

Dne 24.6.2011 16:25, Robert Schweikert napsal(a):
This is not good idea, as for appliances you forget about webyast,
which also provides yast_ui. And in this case install all ncurses
libraries is useless

Yes, but it should be the smallest set. Currently you not only get the
ncurses but also gtk and qt packages. It appears to me that just pulling
ncurses would be an improvement.

In fact, now you get GTK only. It's automatically selected by solver and
you can select some other UI layer manually (in that case, GTK is
automatically unselected) or select more, all.

I'm only talking about the automatic selection, which looks a bit
chaotic ~ or at least could be improved by some logic.

Lukas