Re: [yast-devel] Classical YaST in Appliances: Choosing the UI

On 06/23/2011 06:16 AM, Josef Reidinger wrote:
Robert Schweikert write:

On 06/23/2011 04:10 AM, Lukas Ocilka wrote:

Hi,

I've just created a new JeOS appliance in SUSE Studio for testing
purpose (YaST Backup bug). JeOS is known to have as few packages as
possible.

After selecting YaST Backup for installation, I've rather also checked
whether I'll be actually able to run it, so searched for all YaST
packages, especially the UI ones. And which one was selected? *yast2-gtk*

OK, yast2.rpm requires yast2_ui and yast2-gtk, yast2-ncurses and
yast2-qt all provide that symbol. Isn't there anything we could do about
/better/ [1] selection [2]? Ideas? Opinions?

IMHO, yast2_ui should require yast2-ncurses and recommend ast2-gtk and
yast2-qt

Robert

This is not good idea, as for appliances you forget about webyast, which also
provides yast_ui. And in this case install all ncurses libraries is useless

Yes, but it should be the smallest set. Currently you not only get the ncurses but also gtk and qt packages. It appears to me that just pulling ncurses would be an improvement.

Robert

Tech Lead
rschweikert@xxxxxxxxxx
rschweikert@xxxxxxxxxx