Re: [yast-devel] Testing Classical YaST in Hudson
On Friday, June 24, 2011 03:08:25 pm Lukas Ocilka wrote:
Hi,

Many of us have already found out how running tests in Hudson can find
potential (or real) issue just a few moments after a commit that breaks
the code is submitted.

We use Hudson for most of our projects now but we still don't run any
tests for the Classical YaST:

* What do you think of running the YaST tests in Hudson?
I do like your proposal. It could make YaST development easier.

* How could we do that?
* Are there any additional tests we could run, for instance YCP
syntax check for clients (?).
I think testing YaST including the UI is a tricky part. Bernhard's test
framework that compares screenshots might help here.

* What about checking whether all functions are actually in use?

Thanks in advance for your opinions and ideas.
Lukas

--
Thomas Goettlicher
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, GF: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix Imendörffer,