[yast-devel] Classical YaST in Appliances: Choosing the UI
  • From: Lukas Ocilka <lukas.ocilka@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 10:10:21 +0200

Hi,

I've just created a new JeOS appliance in SUSE Studio for testing
purpose (YaST Backup bug). JeOS is known to have as few packages as
possible.

After selecting YaST Backup for installation, I've rather also checked
whether I'll be actually able to run it, so searched for all YaST
packages, especially the UI ones. And which one was selected? *yast2-gtk*

OK, yast2.rpm requires yast2_ui and yast2-gtk, yast2-ncurses and
yast2-qt all provide that symbol. Isn't there anything we could do about
/better/ [1] selection [2]? Ideas? Opinions?

Thx && Bye
Lukas

#1 'better' might be pretty subjective, I know. But this seems to be
just alphabetically sorted list of solutions (for the first sight)
#2 for example, KDE is installed -> Qt, GNOME/LXDE is installed -> GTK,
neither of them (?) -> ncurses

- --

Lukas Ocilka, Appliances Department, SUSE LINUX s.r.o.
MD: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Alena Hendrichova