Re: [yast-devel] Whatever happened to....
  • From: "Duncan Mac-Vicar P." <dmacvicar@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 15:51:51 +0200
On 05/12/2011 03:25 PM, Robert Schweikert wrote:
Hey,

Whatever happened to the discussion about a YaST re-write?

Did we manage to discuss ourselves into oblivion and everyone lost their
motivation?

Robert

I would like to see a concrete view on how YaST should look like, behave, some examples of a module, examples on how you would write a module, or a simple dialog to ask for stuff, or an autoinstallation, and THEN.... I would think what technology to use.

Right now the discussion was too focused on technology to grab my attention. At least myself I don't have much interest in rewriting the same using a different language.

--
Duncan Mac-Vicar P. - Novell® Making IT Work As One™

Maxfeldstraße 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany