Re: [yast-devel] WebYaST will help the openness
  • From: Lukas Ocilka <lukas.ocilka@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 10:31:19 +0100

Dne 16.2.2011 10:16, Klaus Kaempf napsal(a):
* Lukas Ocilka <lukas.ocilka@xxxxxxx> [Feb 16. 2011 09:38]:
Dne 15.2.2011 17:19, Duncan Mac-Vicar P. napsal(a):
We could call it HTML, and the styling/positioning part CSS.

Yes, we could :) Except "nobody wants to code HTML && CSS anymore"™.
Certain level of abstraction is kind of a must nowadays.

Moving away from well known and well documented technolgies brings
another barrier in adoption.
This is one of the lessons learned from YCP.

Actually, YCP might fit 'well-known' and 'well-documented' criteria
quite well if you ask here on yast-devel.

On the other hand, if the target is to use something well-know beyond
YaST team, YCP doesn't seem to be the best choice, as you say.

One of the well-known, well-documented and heavily-used UI language is
XUL: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XUL -- XML User Interface Language.

But there are definitely other similar ways too.

- --

Lukas Ocilka, Appliances Department, Novell Inc.