<snip>

This just sounds to me as if the CL is one big blob

No, we never said and never meant that.

After all I think in this discussion we too much interpret the drawings of
each other, seeing, expecting something that is not there. Sure, we even left
out some parts in our pictures (because for us they were too much detail).

For me the pictures are just a help to visualize something that I describe in
words. The description for me is more important. So please lets rather focus
on what we write next to the images and graphs than to compare them.

Well, a picture is worth a thousand words. With a good architecture
diagram we should be able to enable a developer to grasp the concepts of
the architecture and understand most of the moving parts within 30
seconds. With no more than 2 or 3 sentences of explanation.

If we can achieve this, then it will be easy for contributors to get
started.

I rather spend an extra hour to get the pictorial representation "right"
than write a page of explanation. Plus if we have to write a page to
explain the picture we missed the boat somewhere. ;)

Robert

Novell-IBM Software Integration Center LINUX
Tech Lead
rschweikert@xxxxxxxxxx
rschweikert@xxxxxxxxxx
781-464-8147