Re: [yast-devel] Features of the YCP successor
Den 11. feb. 2011 13:01, skrev Johannes Meixner:

Hello,

On Feb 11 01:21 Terje J. Hanssen wrote (excerpt):
IMO YaST tools has been the sole of SUSE, and YaST is what
makes SUSE better and easier to configure than some
other popular distributions

I would like to ask you a question:

What - from a YaST end-user point of view - makes whatever
piece of software which runs on your machine "the SUSE YaST"?

I assume it is nothing else than the look and feel
of its user interface.

In other words, if we replaced the current YaST software
with a totally new software which does not change the look
and feel too much, you would not notice a real difference
and you would call the new software also "YaST".

"YaST" is just a name. As I also tried to say, is that the user access
to the YaST tools possibly could be easier and logical through task
oriented menu entries. I.e. File Sharing first before > NFS or Samba etc.
Of course what is important is that the gui tools for the tasks are
available and up to date.

Terje J. Hanssen