  • From: "Duncan Mac-Vicar P." <dmacvicar@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 09:03:57 +0100
On 02/10/2011 06:34 PM, J. Daniel Schmidt wrote:
> My dream of a new YaST is a system that does not remind anybody of YCP once we
dropped YCP support/bindings. So lets design the system as good and clean as
we can, using best practices of the new language, and without "thinking in
YCP", and then lets see how it could be connected for the time of the
transition.

This is fine, but to design a good API you need to start with the module/client itself, and iterate the APIs as you go.

There is no such thing as a useful API designed on paper.

--
Duncan Mac-Vicar P. - Novell® Making IT Work As One™