Hello,

On Feb 10 15:25 Thomas Goettlicher wrote (excerpt):
Your attached diagram looks similar to the overview designed by jdsn and me:

+---+---+---+---+ +--------------+
| Q | N | g | c | |webyast client|
| t | C | t | m | +------+-------+
| | | k | d | |
+---+---+---+ | http
| libyui | | |
+-----------+ +-----------+---+ +------+-------+
| lib shell | | yast modules | | rest service |
+-----------+--------+---------------+----------+--------------+
| common lib: reads/writes config files, starts/stops services |
| integration of polkit and zypp |
| SYSTEM |

I think I understand Robert's attached diagram
but I know that I do not understand your overview.

All what I pick from your overview is that when I want
to make a yast module for my specific config task,
it would be insufficient.

I see that additionally I have to care about stuff
like "rest service" and "lib shell" (whatever this is)
and I fear that I have to implement at least parts of my code
up to tree times - I won't do this - I would simply give up.

Furthermore I would be hit by whatever shortcoming
of the "common lib" which seems to sit in between my code
and the actual SYSTEM that I want to change. The "common lib"
may not exactly provide what I need for my specific config task
so that I would have to implement whatever workarounds...

Conclusion:
This YaST thingy is both insufficient and too complicated for me.
I will write my own setup tool in my own preferred language.
I know how to do it so that the tool does what I want.

If you like you could use me as some kind of "test case"
whether or not an individual contributor would like
to join the project.

What I mean:
The more the whole stuff is complicated (or oversophisticated),
the less likelihood that someone gets sufficiently interested
to actually contribute something.

Or in other words:
If the first attempt to make a simple setup tool fails
because the whole stuff is too complicated,
it was probably the last attempt.

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
AG Nuernberg, HRB 16746, GF: Markus Rex