On Thursday, February 10, 2011 03:29:47 pm Klaus Kaempf wrote:
* Thomas Goettlicher <thomas.goettlicher@xxxxxxx> [Feb 10. 2011 15:22]:
Your attached diagram looks similar to the overview designed by jdsn and
me:
Not quite.

+---+---+---+---+ +--------------+

| Q | N | g | c | |webyast client|
| t | C | t | m | +------+-------+

| | | k | d | |

+---+---+---+ | http

| libyui | | |

+-----------+ +-----------+---+ +------+-------+

| lib shell | | yast modules | | rest service |

+-----------+--------+---------------+----------+--------------+

| common lib: reads/writes config files, starts/stops services |

| integration of polkit and zypp |

| SYSTEM |

Perhaps rest service should sit on top of yast modules.

Yes.

And what is 'lib shell' ?
A CLI interface should also sit on top of 'yast modules'.
Yes, "cmd" is available besides qt, ncurses and gtk.

The 'common lib' is too low level. I would expect it to be like Augeas
for config file editing. Whats the value of such an API over 'vi' ?
For example the common lib takes care of policies.

Klaus
---

Thomas Goettlicher