On Thursday, February 10, 2011 02:50:46 pm Robert Schweikert wrote:

Without a clear picture of the architecture that everyone can work from
you end up with something that is cobbled together and the pieces never
fit properly.

The implementation steps should be on the smallish side, no question.
But there ought to be a big picture showing the "macro architecture" if
you will, maybe something like the attached diagram.

The everyone can work on their own little piece of the world but with
the big picture in mind. That way things will fit together. Having
something like this ought to make it easier to make decisions about the
moving parts.

Robert

Your attached diagram looks similar to the overview designed by jdsn and me:

+---+---+---+---+ +--------------+
| Q | N | g | c | |webyast client|
| t | C | t | m | +------+-------+
| | | k | d | |
+---+---+---+ | http
| libyui | | |
| lib shell | | yast modules | | rest service |
| common lib: reads/writes config files, starts/stops services |
| integration of polkit and zypp |
| SYSTEM |

Perhaps rest service should sit on top of yast modules.

Thomas

--
Thomas Goettlicher