Dne středa 09 Únor 2011 10:22:15 Gabriele Mohr napsal(a):
Am 28.01.2011 16:50, schrieb Arvin Schnell:
Hi,

in a recent telco the question about the direction of the YaST
architecture was raised.

I miss an important fact when reading the discussion here. For me it's
not clearly pointed out how WebYaST and YaST will work together nicely
in future. I think they should share as much code as possible, e.g. an
interface which provides the logic for system access (something like
Klaus has proposed?).
I think it's a very important goal to bring WebYaST and YaST together
and this aspect should be more respected in the discussion.

I agree that long term goals for YaST and WebYaST are not specified, which
does not help the discussions: various proposals came from various points of
view and with different goal in mind.

So, it may even be different than you write - for example I have an idea that
YaST is manage-everything tool, while webYaST provides limited set of
simplified tasks. In this scope, YaST brings many dependencies and big size,
while webYaST ephasizes speed and small size. Thus, it may have sense to
develop specialized single-purposed backend parts for each webYaST plugin
(e.g. using ruby-augeas, as most of the tasks are ini file modifications
anyway) instead of depending on big YaST.

Jiri

--
Jiri Suchomel

Lihovarská 1060/12 tel: +420 284 028 960