Re: [yast-devel] Features of the YCP successor

On 02/04/2011 11:48 AM, Johannes Meixner wrote:

Off topic!

Hello,

On Feb 4 11:00 Duncan Mac-Vicar P. wrote (shortened):
I still wonder, if there is a printer database,

There is no such thing as a printer database
where printer IDs of current USB printer models
are mapped to printer driver descriptions (PPDs).

I think the OpenPrinting DB meets this need

http://www.linuxfoundation.org/collaborate/workgroups/openprinting/databasedatabaseintro

Robert

Novell-IBM Software Integration Center LINUX
Tech Lead
rschweikert@xxxxxxxxxx
rschweikert@xxxxxxxxxx
781-464-8147