Re: [yast-devel] Features of the YCP successor
On Friday 04 February 2011 09:55:56 Duncan Mac-Vicar P. wrote:
Yes, I could configure printers via the cups web based UI, but now I
loose the integration. Following this train of thought to it's logical
conclusion leads to running 20 different tools for every configuration
task, that sucks ! One of the strengths of YaST is the integration it
provides.

What do you what to "configure"? I print every day and I have never
configured anything.

Retry it with reinstalling you machine while the printer is disconnected or
powered off. Or retry it within a LAN where you do not have any CUPS server
offering printers.

I doubt that there are many users out there willing to maintain their own CUPS
server in order not to have to use a YaST printer module.

I am very glad to have the printer configuration module as I do not want to
configure CUPS manually.

Ciao,
Daniel

--