Re: [yast-devel] Features of the YCP successor
  • From: "Duncan Mac-Vicar P." <dmacvicar@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2011 09:55:56 +0100
On 02/03/2011 02:21 PM, Robert Schweikert wrote:
> This sounds like you are advocating for no YaST. However, not every
system is a desktop, not every system uses Network manager, .... the
list goes on. I find the printer module quite useful, as well as the
network configuration....

No. I am advocating for as less YaST as possible... _on the desktop_.

Yes, I could configure printers via the cups web based UI, but now I
loose the integration. Following this train of thought to it's logical
conclusion leads to running 20 different tools for every configuration
task, that sucks ! One of the strengths of YaST is the integration it
provides.

What do you what to "configure"? I print every day and I have never configured anything.

--
Duncan Mac-Vicar P. - Novell® Making IT Work As One™