On Wednesday, February 02, 2011 10:03:19 am Martin Vidner wrote:
On Tue, Feb 01, 2011 at 03:01:19PM +0100, Thomas Goettlicher wrote:
On Tuesday, February 01, 2011 12:01:22 pm Stanislav Visnovsky wrote:
[...]

I'm fan of small steps, not grand plans for redoing everything from
scratch.

I fully agree.

There already exists a project that is a complete new YaST without legacy
code like YCP and it uses a cool and object oriented script language.
It's called webyast. :-)

That is not true. Many (8?) WY modules use YaPI to call legacy YaST,
for better or worse.
ls YaST:Web/*/*.pm
Okay, let me rephrase my statement: There already is a yast-project that uses
ruby and tried to get rid of YCP.

--
Thomas Goettlicher