Dne pondělí 31 Leden 2011 18:22:14 Martin Vidner napsal(a):

Perl is most used in existing YaST modules after YCP.

Yes.
And it is also used in YaPI, which was at some time considered as a future
public API to YaST functionality. This did not really happen, but parts of
YaPI is currently used by webYaST. (It does not have to be limiting, we may
want to rewrite webYaST backend anyway).

One of the Perl issues was mentioned by Jiri Srain - it's a pain in
cooperation with YCP e.g. when sharing boolean values.

Python is most popular with other distros for managing the system.

As one of my past hackweek project, I tried to write pure python yast module.
There were some problems (bnc #422072,bnc#422073) that are not fixed yet, but
my overall impression was relatively good, AFAIR.

Jiri

--
Jiri Suchomel

Lihovarská 1060/12 tel: +420 284 028 960