On Tuesday, February 01, 2011 12:01:22 pm Stanislav Visnovsky wrote:
[...]

I'm fan of small steps, not grand plans for redoing everything from
scratch.
I fully agree.

There already exists a project that is a complete new YaST without legacy code
like YCP and it uses a cool and object oriented script language. It's called
webyast. :-)

For YaST I think we shouldn't try to refactor everything for the sake of
refatoring. We already have a robust framework, let's focus on how we can add
benefits for the users to YaST, e.g. the snapper feature. If the
implementation of this feature needs architectural changes I totally fine with
it.

Thomas

--
Thomas Goettlicher