On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 10:08:00AM -0700, Bart Whiteley wrote:
On Jan 31, 2011, at 3:10 AM, Thomas Goettlicher wrote:

If we want to offer a
new language for YaST we should choose _one_ and then stick to it.

+1.

Yes. It will be difficult, because each of the obvious suspects has
arguments in favor for it:

Perl is most used in existing YaST modules after YCP.
Python is most popular with other distros for managing the system.
(as Birger mentioned)
Ruby is most used for new development in our department.

But we need to choose one:
- it will be good to send out a clear message to potential
contributors
- our time is limited. Other bindings need not be dropped right now,
but we cannot develop and promote them all.
--
Martin Vidner, YaST developer
http://en.opensuse.org/User:Mvidner

List Navigation