On Jan 31, 2011, at 5:03 AM, Josef Reidinger wrote:

- Use a couple of languages people know and like

Maintenance nightmare.... E.g. I don't have problem to maintain projects in
different languages ( now RoR, perl and YCP), but if I am maintaner and
someone leave or move to another team and need to start maintaining new
module which is in new language I spend some time to learn it and it is not
good idea to have weak knowleadge of many languages. I think we should choose
one language ( it is not important if it is python, ruby, perl whatever), but
we should stay with it as then it is easy to learn just how module work and
not need to know how language work.

+1. --

List Navigation