[yast-devel] YaST and Accessibility Discussion
Hi folks,

There was a gentleman I met at the openSUSE Conference who said he
worked on the YAST team and dealt with some a11y issues a while back.
Tragically, I cannot remember the name of this gentleman. (Are you
here??)

I wanted to reach out to him, or to any of you who might be interested,
to invite you to join in a meeting with various folks who are interested
in improving accessibility on openSUSE. it isn't going to be a formal
meeting, just a gathering of people to assess what our current issues
are.

Out in the wild, we have some interesting opportunities, and part of the
blockers is that people with special needs are currently unable to
install openSUSE. In fact, openSUSE has a very bad reputation in the
accessibility community and I'd like to see that perception reversed.

You can see my article talking about this meeting on Thursday on IRC
here
http://news.opensuse.org/2011/01/06/putting-our-accessibility-heads-together-2/
. The meeting will be in the #opensuse-a11y IRC channel at 17:00 UTC.

I hope to see at least one of you from the YAST team representing at the
meeting.

Thanks!

Bryen M Yunashko