[yast-devel] Building packages in OBS YaST:Head in openSUSE_Factory_zypp_Head repo

Hi all,

I'm thinking about openSUSE_Factory_zypp_Head repo in YaST:Head
OBS project. Do we really need to rebuild all yast packages once more for the
latest
libzypp?

I mean, currently there are 124 packages in total, but only few of them
actually depend on libzypp (pkg-bindings, *-pkg, kupdateapplet), if we disabled
the remaining packages the build server would save quite a lot of build power.

Rebuilding complete YaST on 2 archs (i386 + x86_64) needs to rebuild ~250
packages.

Users who use the latest libzypp (from libzypp Head) would need to add both YaST
repos (openSUSE_Factory and openSUSE_Factory_zypp_Head), but I guess there are
just few of them (if any).

So my proposal is to build only the minimal amount instead of all packages
in openSUSE_Factory_zypp_Head repo.

Your opinions?

--

Best Regards