Re: [yast-devel] ini-agent vs Augeas, Re: [yast-commit] r62714
  • From: Martin Kudlvasr <mkudlvasr@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2010 14:51:21 +0100
Am Mon 08 Nov 2010 04:15:01 PM CET schrieb Martin Vidner <mvidner@xxxxxxx>:

But this reminds me that it is high time to replace the Ini Agent
(and mostly all agents) with something more modern and maintained,
namely Augeas (already used by zypper).

See what it can parse (and write!)
http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/?p=augeas.git;a=tree;f=lenses;h=60be35d5c8a514772bca3d06d95868c8e0419611;hb=HEAD
(or rpm -ql augeas-lenses )
and how it can define macros for the regexes seen below
http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/?p=augeas.git;a=blob;f=lenses/sep.aug;h=c49927ebcea22a3e8d9db11d53835887f2601fde;hb=HEAD
http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/?p=augeas.git;a=blob;f=lenses/rx.aug;h=95df76dd0e99719bb374aae601bcaee8c401e19f;hb=HEAD

I read the "Creating a lens" tutorial and I realize that augeas is an
actual parsing tool (and not only a heap of regexps). Using it will
actually improve yast2. If zypper already has a dependency on Augeas,
that's all the more reason for doing this change.

Anyone interested in playing with it?

I'm all in. Can you suggest a place in yast2, where I can start?

Martin Kudlvasr