Re: [yast-devel] Update media format
  • From: "J. Daniel Schmidt" <jdsn@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 18:01:41 +0200
On Thursday 04 November 2010 16:21:27 Jörg Faschingbauer wrote:
As I understand, I have to prepare a driver update medium of some form
(be it a directory in the network) to make the "DriverUpdate" linuxrc
parameter happen.

Nope, you can but don't have to.

" <url> should point either to a directory with the unpacked driver update or
to a driver update archive. "

" For easy testing the semantics has been extended a bit: if <url> does not
point to a driverupdate but rather a normal filesystem image, cpio archive,
or rpm, it is unpacked and the files are added to the install (or rescue)
system. "

So just put the RPM or tarball on some http-server and add something like this
as boot parameter:
DriverUpdate=http://foo/bar/mydriver.rpm

Ciao,
Daniel