Re: [yast-devel] Nine easy steps to test SLMS upgrade of WebYaST 1.0 to WebYaST 1.1
  • From: Ladislav Slezak <lslezak@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 14:57:20 +0200
Dne 24.9.2010 14:01, Jiri Suchomel napsal(a):

- SLMS is avilable as appliance or addon installable over SLE11SP1

I suggest using an appliance, the deployment is much faster and easier...

Note: create a virtual disk with enough free space, during mirroring SLMS will
mirror all updates for all products included in the managed appliance!
(For me, updates for SLES11-SP1 appliance (64bit) took about 3.8GB)

- start webyast there and choose SLMS Configuration (part of initial
webyast sequence on SLMS appliance, or accessible directly from webyast
control panel)
- enter your fqdn for Registration Host, Redirector and Update Repo host
(when using SLMS appliance there should be proposed the local VM hostname)

- use the registration code seen in the SLMS list of Subscriptions

- it may fail due to unknown certificate; as a solution, copy
/etc/slms.d/certs/servercert from SLMS to your client appliance's
/etc/ssl/certs/ and run c_rehash in appliance. I do not know how this should
be handled by end-user....

This could be done automatically during the adaptation process, but SLMS doesn't
support that (yet) - the problem is that SLMS may run on more servers and in
that
case the certificate is not reachable locally...

The manual solution is part of the SLMS documentation.

--

Best Regards

Ladislav Slez√°k
Yast Developer