Re: [yast-devel] Proper packaging of WebYaST branding
  • From: Jiri Suchomel <jsuchome@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2010 10:48:13 +0200
Dne úterý 03 Srpen 2010 17:54:41 Martin Vidner napsal(a):
On Tue, Aug 03, 2010 at 03:58:52PM +0200, Jiri Suchomel wrote:
Dne úterý 03 Srpen 2010 11:17:48 Stefan Schubert napsal(a):
Please have a look to:
http://www.novell.com/documentation/webyast/book_webyast_vendor/?page=/
documentation/webyast/book_webyast_vendor/data/sect1_7_chapter_book_web
yast_vendor.html

This should also work with config files. (I have never tested) cause:
No, this is only designed to work with the files that are served to
the user:
http://gitorious.org/opensuse/yast-web-client/commit/d9ecd2097af7229027cf8d
87a1bf62ea3574af7b

http://www.novell.com/documentation/webyast/book_webyast_vendor/?page=/
documentation/webyast/book_webyast_vendor/data/sect1_8_chapter_book_web
yast_vendor.html

And this is for translations. Both are ideas how it could be
implemented for config files but it will not work for them now.

works too.

Well, I have somehow misinterpreted these links. Do you realy mean that
for e.g. vendor's basesystem.yml should be located under
/srv/www/yast/public/vendor?
Do we have some logic that uses this file if it is found here?

How I understood your comment about 'vendor' directory:

1. Check for the file (e.g. basesystem.yml) under /etc/webyast/vendor/
2. If it is not present there, check /etc/webyast location (= our
default)

With this, vendors could save their config files into
/etc/webyast/vendor/, while we can package our config files (as
examples) under /etc/webyast.

One reason why I added also this option is that we actually aready use
/etc/webyast/vendor directory, at least for logs.yml file.

I do not know what was the reason for introducing this, or if it is used by
chance.... does anyone know?

Jiri

--
Jiri Suchomel

Lihovarská 1060/12 tel: +420 284 028 960