[yast-devel] additional requirement for WebYaST: static hostname
  • From: Jiří Suchomel <jsuchome@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 13:39:10 +0200
Hi!

We've already talked about it, but it is nowhere written, so I'm putting it
into this mail.

When machine is joined to Active Directory domain, it is important its
hostname does not change. On regular YaST-managed system, we can configure
dynamic network settings, while keep hostname static. This is not possible in
current WebYaST, and it would be good to have such option.

Than we could advice customers to
a) have such DHCP setup that does not change the hostname for given IP
b) or confiure DHCP + static hostnames on the clients

Jiri

--
Jiri Suchomel

Lihovarská 1060/12 tel: +420 284 028 960