Re: [yast-devel] Re: WebYaST on the Wiki
  • From: Jiří Suchomel <jsuchome@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 12:51:40 +0200
On Tuesday 20 of July 2010 12:25:43 Henne Vogelsang wrote:
Hey Martin,

On 19.07.2010 13:58, Martin Vidner wrote:
on Tuesday you said you were transferring the content to
http://wiki.opensuse.org/Portal:YaST . Do you plan to do more there
or can we take over now?

By all means that was not meant to stop you from doing anything. I also
said that you are welcome to help :)

Sure, but are you transferring the content or does it wait for us?

Now when I look at
http://old-en.opensuse.org/Category:YaST and
http://old-en.opensuse.org/Category:WebYaST ,
where should we put the content to ensure that it is not swept away
by a well-meant reorganization?

Where it belongs. Where what belongs is documented in detail on

http://en.opensuse.org/Portal:Wiki

When the page content present on the old wiki now belongs to some different
category, should there be bunch of redirects, right?
I guess people expect their favorite pages to stay at the same URL for some
time...

I also blogged about the changes several times on news.o.o

http://news.opensuse.org/category/wiki-2/

One point at this place is

"Report Missing Pages"

which is actually what are we doing now. Or should we report page by page?

Henne

Jiri

--
Jiri Suchomel

Lihovarská 1060/12 tel: +420 284 028 960