[yast-devel] AD + LDAP: new webyast plugins ready for testing
  • From: Jiří Suchomel <jsuchome@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2010 15:23:21 +0200
Hi!

Two new webyast plugins are already residing in git repository as well as in
YaST:Web project

webyast-ldap-*
webyast-activedirectory-*

Their task is configure the authentication against the network source (LDAP,
AD).

Testing the LDAP one is easy as we have LDAP servers in suse.de and suse.cz.
So you can try to turn your LDAP authentication off :-)

Active Directory configuration could be more problematic, but if you have time
and AD domain available, I'd like to ask you to test it and report the
results.

The problematic part of AD plugin is that there are some time consuming
actions going in the backend (and even repeating), so there's a possibility
to time out.

Another minus of both plugins is poor UI design, not even fitting our current
level. You'll see.

Jiri

--
Jiri Suchomel

Lihovarská 1060/12 tel: +420 284 028 960