Re: [yast-devel] Webyast - speed up
  • From: Josef Reidinger <jreidinger@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2010 14:55:00 +0200
Josef Reidinger write:
Hi, I with miso result that parsing doesn't slow down webyast I check what
take so much time and I found that we have increadible amount of unnecessary
communication in webyast.
So I propose these two changes which should speed up webyast:

in webclient store together with site, login and auth_token also resources
for such site and permission for site and user.

advantages:
- reduce communication between webclient and rest-service so It should speed
up webyast
- client side caching ( now permissions and resources is cached at
rest-service) has advantage that it doesn't require communication and parsing
of result

disadvantage:
- permissions which affect which form is disabled is refreshed only during
login (of course it doesn't affect permission checking in rest-service). So
if user change permission for itself, then he must relogin to affect forms.

I plan to experimental implementation in own branch, so if you have any
comments and ideas I welcome it.

Josef

Hi, working solution created (affected is now only models which use YastModel
(almost all plugins).
You can found it in branch reduce_communication. Feel free to report any issue
which occur.

My results for time is
(old/new)
10.5-11.2/3.2-3.8 ( 5.6 when run as first module)
network:
5.5-6.5/2.8-3.5
* tested in development mode

so it speed up webyast at least twice (of course it depends on module and what
rest-service it needs to own run)

I welcome any suggestions, complains, issues or comments

Josef

--
Josef Reidinger
YaST team