Re: [yast-devel] WebYaST: dynamic css
  • From: Martin Kudlvasr <mkudlvasr@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 18:46:48 +0200
On Friday 11 June 2010 18:28:08 Martin Kudlvasr wrote:
Hi all,

during hackweek I've been playing with gradients and with deriving all the
css from several basic colors. See, if you like it - just pull a
dynamic-css branch from gitorious!
You can set your own the basic colors in
webclient/app/controllers/generated_stylesheets_controller.rb .

After (and during) yast workshop I have been remaking webyast styles into
sass. The mixins really help to reduce complexity. Please check out git
branch: "dynamic-sass" . You can set/adjust the colors in
webclient/stylesheets/_colors.sass . After that, run update_sass.sh to
regenerate the css.
The sass is part of haml rubygem, so you have to install that.

My plan is to package haml rubygem (or take it from somewhere) and use it for
building the webyast-base-ui package, remove our css (from git) and use only
sass. The haml will be used only for the build. Then I want to merge to
master. Sass is much more readable and allows easier changes.

Please comment,

Martin