Re: [yast-devel] OpenDS & Yast2
  • From: Ralf Haferkamp <rhafer@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 17:00:06 +0200
John,

once again, could you please sent replies to the mailing list instead of
replying to me directly. Others might be struggling with similar problems
as you.

Am Dienstag 25 Mai 2010, 17:53:33 schrieb Developer Coldfusion developer:
LDIF file is in attachment. Also I had to configure OpenDS to make it
use pre-encoded passwords
http://blogs.sun.com/Ludo/entry/opends_tips_importing_ldif_with. John

The schema you attached looked good to me on a quick view (at least it
had the required inheritance between the suseObjectTemplate and
suseGroupTemplate Objectclasses.
Honestly, if you really added the attached scheme I think you probably
hit a bug in the OpenDS Version you are using and not in YaST. What YaST
ldap-client tries to add this object to the LDAP Server:

dn: cn=grouptemplate,ou=People,dc=linux-1xek
cn: grouptemplate
objectClass: top
objectClass: suseObjectTemplate
objectClass: suseGroupTemplate
suseNamingAttribute: cn
susePlugin: UsersPluginLDAPAll

Your OpenDS seems to choke on the fact that the objectclasses
"suseObjectTemplate" and "suseGroupTemplate" are present in the entry.
Which both are defined as being "structural". Usually (if
suseGroupTemplate would not inherit from suseObjectTemplate), OpenDS
would be correct with it's complain. The LDAP standard allows an entry
only belong to "precisely one structural object class superclass chain"
(see RFC4512 for details if interested). But as suseGroupTemplate is a
subclass of suseObjectTemplate this constraint is fullfilled. And that's
why I think you hit a in OpenDS.

Unfortuntely I don't have an OpenDS instance running here to test that
myself. But I'd suggest you create bugreport with the OpenDS people. Make
sure you test with the latest release, probably this has already been
fixed.

[..]
--
Ralf