Re: [yast-devel] WebYaST: controlpanel design changes
  • From: Martin Kudlvasr <mkudlvasr@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 13:44:25 +0200
On Thursday 06 May 2010 13:06:40 Klaus Kaempf wrote:
* Josef Reidinger <jreidinger@xxxxxxx> [May 06. 2010 12:54]:
Klaus Kaempf write:
* Jiří Suchomel <jsuchome@xxxxxxx> [May 06. 2010 08:53]:
The control center itself looks good, I only see the change of system
action button. I thought about 2 issues, not related to your commits:

- how are the plugins in control panel sorted? Are they?

No, they are not :-(

The original design was to show one row of 'most recently used'
plugins, hence the 'show all' link.

Going this way is also backed by product management who want WebYaST
UI be based on a 'typical netbook resolution' of 1024x768

But thats clearly post-SP1.

- we should remove that 'show all' link, as we are currently showing
all plugins anyway

Yes, agreed.

As I already reply few weeks ago, I think that we should replace our
current look of control panel by "show all", because 1) it is sorted
2) it is separated to logical groups (OK, there is place for
improvements)

Without the 'netbook screen size' limitation, this would be the way to
go. However, going forward we're asked to support small screen sizes.

If we sacrifice the "highlight row effect" in the controlpanel, we dont have
to display just 5 modules on a row, but make it depend on current browser
window size. This is easy & quick to do, and fits well the netbook use case.

Martin

Klaus
---