Re: [yast-devel] About catching exceptions
  • From: Stefan Schubert <schubi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 10:07:12 +0200
Hi,
ähm, as I am often running into this problem which exception has to be
handled or
not, what is the result of this discussion ?

Greetings
Stefan

Am 22.04.2010 16:35, schrieb Klaus Kaempf:
* Josef Reidinger <jreidinger@xxxxxxx> [Apr 22. 2010 16:26]:

Klaus Kaempf write:

So we still have a policykit problem hidden somewhere ?!

No, it is well known issue if you run webyast as other user then
yastws. I hardcoded yastws user if policyKit throw missing permission,
because only yastws run it in production.

Ah, this defeats the purpose of allowing developers to run WebYaST
locally ;-)

What about replacing hardcoded 'yastws' with Etc.getlogin ?

I check rest-service code of groups and I find different code when
DBus::Error occure so I report it.

I fixed GroupsController and ApplicationController meanwhile to catch
and report DBus::Error once.

But I cannot find why your problem is not at least logged.

Yeah, thats actually the core of bnc#598794

If it him global exception catch, then it must be logged. So something
between catch it and return response without logging content.

I'm currently trying to come up with a test case.

Klaus
---